Monday, August 25, 2014

Training while at a Bachelor Party




I should point out that the bachelor party was in Las Vegas. Since it falls smack in the middle of my already crammed training schedule, I, unfortunately, didn't have much room to wiggle with the schedule. I'm a bit behind on posting this, but the bachelor party was two weekends ago (August 15-17th).

So how do you train for a mountain race when one is in Vegas (aside from just not training)? You put the treadmill on a very steep incline and run for 13 miles. I can't say that it was my favorite thing I did that weekend, nor was it my favorite run so far. I chose the treadmill because it not only gave me a way to control the gradient I was going up, but also was relatively cool since it was pretty hot out (95 *F).

Had to slow down to take the picture, but couldn't go very fast anyway
The treadmill was actually kind of cool having as it had some levers on the side to control either the speed or incline. They were very easy to use and adjust, as I was doing a lot of that during my 2 hour run. I took a few breaks during my run to get some water, and was prepared to get off if the treadmills got full, but I just kept on chugging.

Two hours later, and very soaked in sweat (gross, I know), I was ready for a shower and to get some food and get the festivities started! We got some large servings at Hash House a Go Go, and they definitely provided all the food I wanted. Although, I have to say the pancakes really weren't that good and I think I could've gone for some more eggs.

Breakfast guaranteed to fill you up


The rest of the weekend was a blast with some pool time, some gambling, and other Vegas attractions. Luckily, there was no "Hangover" type shenanigans to take place, and the groom came back in one piece. I will say, Monday was a rough day at work which featured a mid-day nap.

With that, thanks for reading and I'll keep posting if you keep reading...

Adios Vegas!



No comments:

Post a Comment