Monday, July 16, 2012

Running in the Rain

Going off of the "Staying cool while training/working out" post I did earlier, another easy way to stay cool is to just run in the rain! The other morning, the raining was coming down in sheets and didn't really look like it was going to stop (sorry other states with droughts! Wish we could share the rain) so I decided I might as well get a good run in.

Running in the rain provides a different kind of exhilaration than normal. Not to say that a normal run isn't that uneventful and enjoyable, but the rain adds a different experience. The wetness provides a nice cooling factor that makes the temperature enjoyable to run in and adds a bonus "training weight" to my clothes and feet. However, the best part is probably running through the sheets of rain as if I were travelling much faster than normal and all the while having to avoid/running through huge puddles.

It's a fun experience and I recommend it for everyone!

And here's a picture from my office of Houston on a normal day:

Notice you can see downtown/horizon on this one... try and ignore the  obvious beauty (it's hard I know)



And a picture during the rainy day:

Can barely see a few hundred feet

No comments:

Post a Comment